LAST UPDATED: May 1, 2023
- Software application(s) made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices;
- The Services we provide to your employer;
- Our social media pages and apps accessible via ww.curaesoft.com; and
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We collect Personal Information through or in connection with the Services, including but not limited to:
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number
- IP address (we may also derive your approximate location from your IP address)
- Payment information
- Profile picture and photos
- Social media account ID
Collection of Personal Information
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services.
- We collect Personal Information through the Services, such as when you sign up for a newsletter, create an account, contact customer service, make a purchase, or use our software or other Services on behalf of your employer or on behalf of our customer.
- From Other Sources.
- We receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as publicly available databases, private lists, and joint marketing partners.
- If you connect your social media account to your Services account, you will share certain Personal Information from your social media account with us, including your name, email address, photo, connections, and any other information that may be accessible to us when you connect your accounts.
Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests.
- To provide the Services’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your account.
- To complete your transactions and verify your information.
- To provide you with benefits, promotions, and customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing.
- To send you marketing related information, documentation, or emails.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
- Analyzing Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services.
- To analyze use of the Services.
- To better understand your interests and preferences, so that we can personalize our interactions with you.
- Allowing you to participate in sweepstakes, contests or other promotions.
- We may offer you the opportunity to participate in a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion. Some of these promotions have rules with information about how we will use and disclose your Personal Information. Please read any such rules before choosing to participate.
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, as it no longer identifies you or any other individual. We will not seek to re-identify information that we have aggregated and/or anonymized.
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and to address legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- For fraud prevention and security monitoring purposes, including but not limited to detecting and preventing fraud, cyberattacks, or attempts to commit identity theft;
- For developing new products and services;
- For enhancing, improving, repairing, maintaining, or modifying our current products and services, as well as undertaking quality and safety assurance measures;
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users;
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; and
- For operating and expanding our business activities.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information:
- To our third-party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
- These can include providers of such services as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, fraud prevention, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, and auditing.
- To third parties, to permit them to send you marketing communications.
- By using the Services, you may elect to disclose Personal Information.
- On message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and content. Any information you post or disclose through these services may be available to other users and the general public.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We may also use and disclose Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, to cooperate with law enforcement, and for other legal reasons; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of you or others. We may use, disclose, or transfer Personal Information to a third party in connection with any proposed or actual reorganization, bankruptcy, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our assets or stock.
“Other Information” is information that does not reveal your specific identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual. We and our service providers may collect and use Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Your browser or device.
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Your use of our app(s).
- When you download and use our app (when available), we and our service providers may track and collect usage data, such as the date and time the app on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the app based on your device number. We use this information to understand how the app is used and improve it.
- Pixel tags and other similar technologies.
- Pixel tags. We may use pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about use of the Services and response rates.
- Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) and similar technologies.
- We may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Services. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also go to the Global Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions. Setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications.
- Physical Location.
- We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower, or Wi-Fi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such use of your device’s location, but, if you do, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure, or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our apps or social media pages.
USE OF THE SERVICES BY MINORS
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 13.
JURISDICTION AND CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER
We are located in the United States. We may store and process your Personal Information in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. By using the Services, you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, or criminal background) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
THIRD-PARTY PAYMENT SERVICE